Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:12 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:45 am 

I've recently bought the Ipad Pro 11" and sold my Galaxy Tab S4 since android doesn't have a good video editing app. Everything works perfectly fine according to apple standards but when I export the clip it doesn't seem to get the best quality in youtube even though I use extreme 150 mbit quality. The image gets pixelated when there's fast movements and a lot of texture, i.e grass or sea.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

I use Dji Phantom 4 Pro, record in .mov h.264.

Robert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:54 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

There’s a lot of answers to this

Does it play as expected within LF?

Can you provide a link to the video so we can have a look?

Just because a camera/drone or whatever will shoot in xxx quality at yyy mbs per second do you have to use it? Well yes if that’s what you bought it for but what about your target audience?

Youtube is another (nothing wrong with YouTube) but all resolutions are not available straight away and no matter what you’ve produced your masterpiece with YouTube then uses its own compression algorithms on your masterpiece

Also the network - can your network stream your video at the rate you’re expecting it to?

So, that’s a load of negative stuff :D

Output your video at a lower bit rate at maybe 1080 and let us know how you get on

Oh yeah ... welcome to the forum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:19 am 

Quote:
There’s a lot of answers to this

Does it play as expected within LF?

Can you provide a link to the video so we can have a look?

Just because a camera/drone or whatever will shoot in xxx quality at yyy mbs per second do you have to use it? Well yes if that’s what you bought it for but what about your target audience?

Youtube is another (nothing wrong with YouTube) but all resolutions are not available straight away and no matter what you’ve produced your masterpiece with YouTube then uses its own compression algorithms on your masterpiece

Also the network - can your network stream your video at the rate you’re expecting it to?

So, that’s a load of negative stuff :D

Output your video at a lower bit rate at maybe 1080 and let us know how you get on

Oh yeah ... welcome to the forum

HI and thank you for reaching out!
It plays fine in LF and I have 500/500 Mbit internet so that's not an issue. It just feels like I don't get maximum quality from LF when exporting compared with Premiere Pro.

You see it in the water in tge very beginning of the video.

https://youtu.be/iBRp6Ua2KjA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Nice video

When I went to the link it defaulted to 720p so I kind of expected a bit of 'blockyness'

I then changed to the highest res that youtube would let me and it was 1080p - not so blocky as expected

But both of these only played until about 1:40 before going black so maybe youtube is 'still doing its thing'?

If I get chance I will try the link again later and see if I see any difference

LF exports at the resolution it says, it's not compressing the video more than anything else

Can you export it to your iPad and view it on that - it should be the same as from within LF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:44 am 

Quote:
Nice video

When I went to the link it defaulted to 720p so I kind of expected a bit of 'blockyness'

I then changed to the highest res that youtube would let me and it was 1080p - not so blocky as expected

But both of these only played until about 1:40 before going black so maybe youtube is 'still doing its thing'?

If I get chance I will try the link again later and see if I see any difference

LF exports at the resolution it says, it's not compressing the video more than anything else

Can you export it to your iPad and view it on that - it should be the same as from within LF
Thank you for your kind words!

This video was uploaded a couple of days ago and I have the option to chose 2160p from my pc and from my Samsung TV. My phone does that too, sets it on 480p even though I'm sitting next to my router most of the time. When I view it on my iPad it looks good but the iPad doesn't have 4k resolution so I can't really know for sure. The thing that it's going black is just that I hadn't finished the project yet, I just wanted to make sure that the video looked good before I continued.

I'm going to upload the complete video later tonight but I have to render a reverse clip in Premiere Pro since it's lagging on my iPad. I think there might be some software issue with that. I'll send you the link with the finished version after YouTube has processed it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you updated the app to 2.0.3 yet? It should be in the store now

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:23 pm 

Quote:
Yes, it's been updated!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:33 am 

Quote:
HI!

Here's the final draft of my video

https://youtu.be/Fn3tVTXcTgQ

I've tested it on my oneplus 7 pro, my Samsung galaxy 65" 4k TV, my pc so I know for sure that it has rendered it to 4k. I tried to do this without changing the color profile the first time but it's still visible. I don't know if it has anything to do with the framerate or the fact that it is recorded in NTSC?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:16 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

What frame rate did you shoot it at with your drone?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:26 am 

Quote:
What frame rate did you shoot it at with your drone?
It's shot in 47.952 fps and then converted into 24 fps in the final draft.