Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:05 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:32 pm 

Hi Luma Team,

I just started using your Luma Touch app on my iPAD PRO after being an NLE editor on Final Cut 3-7 and Premiere CC for 10 years. It's a fantastic app and has much more bundled in than I could've hoped.

This really is just a few features away from being a daily use editor for mid-pro level editors who have used NLEs for years!

I can't imagine that these wouldn't be at the top of your lists, but:

1. Audio Scrubbing - The inability to hear audio while scrubbing through footage is almost as bad as flying blind. It's almost impossible to edit frame accurately without audio (since you don't actually have timecode), but audio scrubbing would go a LONG way towards making precision edits.

2. In/Out point on Timeline - Drag and drop editing is great, but being able to put an in and out point on the timeline and either hit the button that instantly drops the footage where you want it (and fill the frame if necessary) and HUGE. It allows for rapid editing for montages and music videos, and speeds up the process for editors where time is a factor. Also, being able to drop that footage on whichever track you like (V1, V2, or V3) would be awesome. Track selection is a bonus. In/Out point placement on the timeline is essential. Side note: is there a reason that "J" of J/K/L jogging isn't available on the timeline? K and L seem to be there, but no J...

3. Eye drop White Balance Color Correction - This is literally a daily tool. Picking white in your frame, and basing that as your white for balance is one of those tools that can't be ignored.

4. Blank Solid/Color Matte - Currently, you have the ability to do black mattes, I think. However, as we're importing jpegs and need backgrounds to match colors, this is another overlooked daily tool that is often taken for granted.

Thanks for the hard work that your team has put into the app. I almost didn't think that I could get actual work done on the iPAD, but after seeing how close you guys are to being a really good basic+ alternative to Premiere or FCPX on iPAD, your app alone made it worth the investment.

Is your team considering pay updates for features? I think you'd be surprised how many people would be willing to pay extra (not monthly) for more pro features if it means sustaining the high-level updates.

Final Question - Is there a way to edit by just using hotkeys? Can you jump between browser and timeline, J/K/L, and insert editing with just keyboard commands?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:11 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi their sakinnuso

On another page you wrote.

“NOTE - when i hooked up a keyboard, i noticed that there is audio scrubbing! only with a keyboard! ”

I have just tried this and it did not work for myself - Can you retest and explain please, i be greatful if you can. As audio scrubbing for me would be extremely useful.

Regards Rob

Ps here is the link to the page you wrote regards to audio scrubbing.

https://forums.luma-touch.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7281