Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:19 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.6 is now available on the App Store, adding integrated WD Wireless drive support to the library as well as other improvements.

Post subject: Voice over
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:17 pm 

Hi all ,hope everyone is well. So I'm new to the forum as well to Luma Touch .
My name is Alan , but many who know me call me Manimal ....,hmm .... . !?
Well , I suppose the imagine why part is acceptable but it's rather long ago nickname, and with many confusing variances as to how many is possible with this word .. A Lot ! Ha ha hahahahuhuhu

I purchased Luma FX and I was wondering why this app doesn't have a voice over ..
I also searched the forum for a topic ,comment or explanation as to give me some details or perhaps some other way to do a voice over,however since there isn't any discussion, it tends to lead me in that
there simply will not be one or an in app purchase .Which by the way ,. Would be a good way to offer one.

So am I overlooking that there is a way to do a voice over with this app? Or is it that Luma FX is an app for a speedy editing app , and is mostly designed for single clip videos ...

Thanks all ,,,,maybe one day the idea would actually come into play as an in App Offer .sorta like side loading to the app and other things too may develop .Much like adding a tool to ones tool chest !

Post subject: Re: Voice over
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Manimal (or is it Alan :D )

You've kind of answered your own question

LumaFx is for editing a single clip

If you want to add voice overs, extra tracks etc you need LumaFusion

Post subject: Re: Voice overp
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:00 pm 

Hi Dave ,( or do you prefer Grand Master ! Ha ha . Personally
I want everyone to call me the Grand Master ,however I see it has already been taken ha haha )
So yes call by either is fine with me... Thank you for your reply and I only figured out that luma FX was more for single clip editing . What I had to compare it with that revealed the answer was my
Pinnacle Studio Pro app. Well i have had the Pinnacle app for many years now and it is a Dynamo.
Unbeknownst to me ,and somewhat recently (1 1-1/2 years ) ago I was seeing some new apps by Luma And low and behold ,the Pinnacle app development is LUMA .! So Pinnacle is by far the best editing app hands down and love it. And is rated statistically as the best video editing app.But from me it's more. It's my favorite app in all of my collection of some 400 + applications. Consuming 3 I pads 2 I phones and a mac book ....oh yeah and the partridge in that pear tree..
Well I am going to get luma fusion and check it out . There's would be no need for a salesman to try to sell me on luma apps perhaps if there was such a thing ....Pinnacle sold it to me many many years ago .
Well thank you Dave for your response and now I found a forum relating directly ,I'm eager and looking forwards to more posts and interacting with others ,

have great day ..... a.g.

Post subject: Re: Voice over
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:09 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi again Master Alan :D

As a previous long time user of the Pinnacle app, in its day it was excellent

However LumaFusion knocks spots off it and I’m told it beats a lot of desktop apps

I’m not one of the developers, not even in the same country, but it’s worth every penny and definitely time for you to upgrade!

Trust me, I am a Grand Master

(Yeah right ;) :D :D )