Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:34 am 

After cropping, here are some other necessary features I'd like to request in order of preference:

- ability to Cut within the Trim section. By flipping the draggable start/end Trim icons inward with a button you could then select an area in the middle of the clip to remove

- Import window to 'Select Source Video' should either be full screen or have a button on the top-right to switch to full screen view (with setting being saved). The thumbnails should also be larger even in the existing view. Both would help with being able to see what's in the thumbnail as they are too small, even on my iPhone 7 Plus screen.

- Undo/Redo arrows display the name of edit after tapping, and if you Long-Press an arrow it displays a drop-down menu with a list of edits which can be scrolled & selected.

- ability to remove audio track rather than just mute it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi shape

Maybe I can help with this one ..

- ability to remove audio track rather than just mute it.

Assuming you mean from an original clip - triple tap it and the audio will appear under it - then you can delete it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:53 pm 

Hi, thanks, but I'm not seeing where to do this. If I have a clip loaded in LumaFX and I triple tap the video, nothing happens. If I go to the audio section at the bottom it shows me the audio waveform and volume control but triple tapping this doesn't trigger a response either.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Shape,

I didn't notice you were in the LumaFX forum and not the LumaFusion forum, and I think probably Dave didn't either (great minds are cracked in the same way). :D

Some of these features are available in LumaFusion, for instance, you can put a clip on the timeline and cut it up and delete parts as much as you like and trim. You can ripple tap on a video/audio clip and separate the audio onto a different track.

You can also change the layout so you can use more screen for the Library. (The Library in LumaFusion doesn't require import from the Photos app - those clips are always there).

LumaFX could benefit from a larger import window though, so I will write that as well as the undo/redo wish into our feature wish list.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:40 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yep, sorry shape, missed the FX bit :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:18 am 

Hi, no problem - I figured that may have been the case after I couldn't find the feature :)

That would be great if you could implement the larger import window & undo/redo history - thank you!

I assumed LumaFusion would have all these features but isn't it more efficient to do quick edits to single clips with LumaFX? Considering all the new sophisticated features features in 2.4, it seems it would be fairly simple to add the video cut & remove audio features. In the current Share window there is an option for Audio Only, so if this feature is added you could put an option for Video Only above it which would then take you to a similar Movie Settings page before exporting the file.

Also, is video crop being added to LumaFX as well? The response I received in this thread: Crop Feature? - Luma Touch Support Forums didn't really confirm this, even though my question specified LumaFX.