Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:20 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Post subject: Freeze on export
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:32 am 

After several hours working in a project at the and it freezes in the rendering process always in the same frame. I changed the duration of the clip but it didn`t work. At the end I deleted the full clip. I rendered. And then I created other projet to fulfill the black space. Then worked. You can imagine how frustratint it is. Anyone having the same problem? Other options to solve it?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Freeze on export
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:48 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi gonzalo_ares

From what you've told us so far you have managed to isolate the 'rogue clip'

So, what was different about that clip?

Bitrate, size, speed, had you applied any particular effects to it?

We need a bit more info

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:01 am 

Nothing was different. Same bitrate, same camera. I don't know what happened. I tried trimming the clip. Then the stop was in other frame. In my second rendering, with same clip but in other track it worked.
Thank you for your quick response.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:41 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Had you applied any effects to the clip that gave the problem?

What was the clip taken on please

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:18 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
After several hours working in a project at the and it freezes in the rendering process always in the same frame. I changed the duration of the clip but it didn`t work. At the end I deleted the full clip. I rendered. And then I created other projet to fulfill the black space. Then worked. You can imagine how frustratint it is. Anyone having the same problem? Other options to solve it?
Thanks

Once I had the same problem and I fully understand you because of the frustration. In the end I managed it to delete one sequence, tried the export again. If it didn't work I remade the delete and tried the next sequence.

After 10 minutes it worked, but a) the red line of my movie was broken and b) I was totally frustrated because it's currently so hard to harmonize the sound highlights with the sequences and trough that the whole timeline after the deleted scene was no more fitting :oops:

Also no more know which kind of bitrates, formats and so on we're used...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

First, check the items on this FAQ: http://forums.luma-touch.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4866

In addition, the times I have worked with people to resolve the issue, it has turned out to be media that was unsupported by the device that was imported and used on the timeline. We don't block all media that is officially unsupported because there are a lot of variations that work even though they are not officially supported and we would be blocking a lot of valuable media.

However, because we have had this issue crop up several times, in the next version you will see a warning if one of your clips is flagged by iOS as one of three things, not playable, not editable, or not exportable.

So if you have imported media (not gotten it from the Photos app) then you could potentially have media that would be flagged and blocked from the photos app (by the way, sometimes they play in Photos app, but won't allow you to edit them or export them). Please check your media carefully and make sure it is supported.

If these suggestions don’t help, if possible we'd like to have you send us your project so we can take a look and try and resolve the problem.