Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:39 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:43 pm 

Thank you for this fantastic app! I'm thrilled with how your team is opening ever wider the door on pro filmmaking on iOS. I left another five-star review in the App Store.

One feature I'd like to request is the ability to save custom presets; that is, the preset and setting combinations a user comes up with by applying effects, color tints, etc. and adjusting their settings. This would allow consistent application of a processing chain across many files and projects — invaluable.

Actually I glimpsed something that looked like this as a developer-only feature at the end of the first video tutorial, under the metadata. :mrgreen: Hoping it might be a sign of things to come. :)

All the best, and looking forward to everything you'll come up with in the future. You're really doing great work! Thanks again. (I'm in a bit of a heaven right now, as I'm about to get an iPhone model with which I can shoot 4k video, which I then get to edit on the iPad Pro.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome Simo!

Oh my... I guess I forgot to mask out that little setting in the tutorial! It is true that we are planning on adding saving presets to an app in our sweet of effects apps (there is still one more to come) - but the details aren't worked out yet.

We have some new stuff coming for LumaFX that I think you will like as well.

I have to say, I am green with envy over your iPad Pro!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:09 pm 

Quote:
Welcome Simo!

Oh my... I guess I forgot to mask out that little setting in the tutorial! It is true that we are planning on adding saving presets to an app in our sweet of effects apps (there is still one more to come) - but the details aren't worked out yet.

We have some new stuff coming for LumaFX that I think you will like as well.

I have to say, I am green with envy over your iPad Pro!
IPad Pro here as well, and it is as awesome as you think it is. But maybe you've gotten one since this post was last updated last year. Any word on the preset saving for color corrections? Love the app, haven't really seen anything even remotely close to this on iPad, and I've tried just about everything. But...without preset saving of color correction, it's doa for me. I shoot in 4K with a "flying camera" and I record in dlog so all of my videos are the same color. Without being able to apply the same corrections to multiple clips easily, this just doesn't get me there. Any word on this feature or how much longer it'll be before it gets in there. Seems really basic to me, but maybe I'm wrong. Would hate to request a refund for such an awesome app, but again, it's not much use to me without being able to apply the same color correction to multiple clips on the fly. Cheers. Kudos on the app either way.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:46 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi boone51

Welcome to the forum

I too have a 'flying camera' and shoot in D-log. It is a useful feature request

I know it has been ages since this thread was started but LumaFusion and LumaFX have been built from the ground up. It's not just some other app re-branded. Now the core program is pretty stable we should see more 'bolt ons' of the type we are after.

I'm not a developer but a lot of that sort of stuff is coming later this year (I think Q3 ish)

Stick with us and keep giving your suggestions.

What I tend to do with my 'flying camera' footage at the moment is apply contrast, sharpness, colour correction as needed to the whole big clip of the flight then chop it up. Your suggestion is better though

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:21 pm 

Quote:
Hi boone51

Welcome to the forum

I too have a 'flying camera' and shoot in D-log. It is a useful feature request

I know it has been ages since this thread was started but LumaFusion and LumaFX have been built from the ground up. It's not just some other app re-branded. Now the core program is pretty stable we should see more 'bolt ons' of the type we are after.

I'm not a developer but a lot of that sort of stuff is coming later this year (I think Q3 ish)

Stick with us and keep giving your suggestions.

What I tend to do with my 'flying camera' footage at the moment is apply contrast, sharpness, colour correction as needed to the whole big clip of the flight then chop it up. Your suggestion is better though
Thanks much. The editing of the whole clip didn't really occur to me. That's not a bad idea, and I'll give it a shot. Decided against requesting the refund just because of how awesome overall output is. I'll stick around and hopefully we'll gt the save features added in there eventually. Again, though, brilliant job on the app. It's a gem.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We will certainly add it - it is scheduled for Q2 of this year so I am glad you chose to stick around :-)