Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:57 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.4.5 is now available on the App Store. This update fixes issues with exports.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:19 am 
Expert
Expert

U2 songs occasionally start playing on my iPad. I assume they're coming from Pinnacle because I don't download any music from the cloud or iTunes. One of the songs appears to have been downloaded to my device (?) The last time the U2 song started playing was when I switched from my library's internet connection to my home connection. When I woke up my iPad, it just started playing. It happened again just now when I had been using another iOS app - VoxSyn. I stopped using VoxSyn and the U2 song just started playing! I had called Apple tech support earlier and they had me delete some songs from their Music app and reset my iPad. But the problem persists. I can stop the song from playing by opening up Apple's music app at the bottom of my iPad. Maybe I should just delete their music app? I thought maybe if there's a way to delete the U2 songs from my musical note tab then they couldn't play ever.

Anybody more familiar with this stuff have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:54 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Tom

Try this on your iThing

Goto Settings -> iTunes & App Sore

See if 'Automatic Downloads' for music is switched on

Why it should play of its own accord though is a baffler for me

(never liked U2 anyway personally)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:14 am 
Expert
Expert

Knobbydave - Automatic Download for Music is turned off. I think that's one of the settings that Apple tech support had me turn off.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:26 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Once upon a time (2014), Apple made an automatic "gift" of a U2 album with an iOS update: Here's the instructions about how to remove it:

Follow these instructions to remove U2’s "Songs of Innocence” from your iTunes music library and iTunes purchases. Once the album has been removed from your account, it will no longer be available for you to redownload as a previous purchase. If you later decide you want the album, you will need to get it again.

The album is free to everyone until October 13, 2014, and will be available for purchase after that date.
To remove this album:
Go to https://itunes.com/soi-remove.
Click Remove Album to confirm you'd like to remove the album from your account.
Sign in with the Apple ID and password you use to buy from the iTunes Store.
You'll see a confirmation message that the album has been removed from your account.
If you downloaded the songs to iTunes on your Mac or PC or to the Music app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you'll need to delete them manually.

I guess you might be able to find the songs in the Music app by using iExplore to look at your media library but I'm not sure - I see "songs of innocence" is also on my iPad without my permission.