Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:28 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:34 pm 

I've purchased the Pinnacle Studio Pro app for use on my iPad. However I have a problem to use the program. What I'd like to do is to (1) add two separate video clip into one video clip. (2) the video clips are made from my iPhone recording the iPhone screen and recorded in a portrait format using the AirShou program to record the screen from my iPhone. (3) I would like to make this portrait format fit into a landscape format without cropping the top or bottom of the video. (4) the final result would then be ONE video in horizontal format where I have added the two separate videos into one seamless video. The two videos are recorded in portrait format but they would need to be displayed in the landscape format without cropping the top or bottom.
I really hope you can support me and send me a easy to follow step by step description! Please also feel free to recommend if I need to purchase some additional software/program to make this easier. If so please also reply with a step by step description on how to use this software to record from my iPhone or edit the recorded videos.
And I do need your support rather urgently, preferably before Thursday Aug 11 12.00noon EST.
Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi HALLDIN002

Welcome to the forum

Just to be clear ... two portrait clips to be joined one after the other - output as one file in landscape format with no clipping of originals so there will be black bands either side?

Have I got it right?

If I have, just drag the clips onto the time line one after the other and export it to your camera roll. You will end up with a landscape video
Attachment:
IMG_7678.jpg
IMG_7678.jpg [ 78.55 KiB | Viewed 845 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:14 am 

Hi Knobbydave!
Actually it dos not work for me. It may very well be me that is stupid.
The problem is when I import the portrait video in the timeline it zooms in and physically only shows the middle part. It shows the whole length of the movie so the timeline is no issue, the issue is that the top part and the bottom part of the picture/video are being cropped.
Similar as if I take a full body picture/video of a person portrait size, it will then only show the persons mid section and not his head or his feet when I import that portrait format into the horizontal format.
Am I doing something wrong?
I really appreciate your help, and as this is somewhat urgent to me I hope that you can reply to me again rather quickly.
Again, I appreciate your help! & All the best!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:29 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I will describe what I think you need to do while I'm waiting for a picture to upload

Drag the video clip to the time line
Double tap on the icon for the clip above the timeline
A window will open and about 1/3 way down you will see Fit and 4 icons
Pick the left hand one (NOT the one selected in the screen grab)

EDIT: here's the picture
Attachment:
IMG_7683.jpg
IMG_7683.jpg [ 63.77 KiB | Viewed 841 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:33 am 

Hi knobbydave!
Thanks! You are the best!
Have a great day/evening!